It is getting closer and closer until we have to say goodbye to Barack Obama and his history changing presidency. On January 10th, 2017 President Obama gave his final speech as the 44th president of the United States and let just say that there were a lot of tears both at the convention and being expressed online via social media.
While there is a small percentage of Americans that will disagree, President Obama did a remarkable job and achieved many success throughout his eight years as president despite the negative commentary from the “Obama Haters” who called him every derogatory name possible to the Republicans who you would think would show some sort of class doing everything possible that would block any law or legislation that the President would try to pass. Despite all of that President Obama took everything in stride with class, fought back with powerful speeches that showed the idiocy of some of those that are currently making decisions in our government.
President Obama’s speech last night pretty much summed up everything that he achieved over the past eight years. He stated, “If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry, and unleash the longest stretch of job creation in our history. If I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people, shut down Iran’s nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, and take out the mastermind of 9/11. If I had told you that we would win marriage equality, and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens – you might have said our sights were set a little too high. But that’s what we did. That’s what you did. You were the change. You answered people’s hopes, and because of you, by almost every measure, America is a better, stronger place than it was when we started.”
So in honor of President Obama and a way to say goodbye …. As well as a reminder that we are completely capable of getting through the next 4 years not only without Obama but with the next president here are my top 10 favorite quotes from President Obama that I am sure we can ALL completely relate to.
- “Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.”
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
- “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
- “We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.”
- “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.”
- “Nothing in life that’s worth anything is easy.”
- “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something.”
- “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.”
- “Where you are right now doesn’t have to determine where you’ll end up
- “Don’t ever let anybody tell you that your efforts don’t matter or that your voice doesn’t count. Don’t ever believe that you can’t make a difference. You have.”
WE WILL MISS YOU PRESIDENT OBAMA!